Policies & Procedures
In order to insure the highest quality of customer service, all flooring orders placed with Birch Creek Millwork, Inc. (BCMI) are subject to the following terms and conditions.
- Buyer acknowledges receipt of "Confirmation" and certifies that it has been read and understood.
- Products are sold as per Specification Sheets found at www.texturewood.com.
- The Confirmation is subject to prior sales. Flooring will be sold to the first buyer who satisfies all order requirements; signed confirmation and deposit if required.
- Buyer is responsible for verifying the accuracy of the quantities, sizes, pricing and other information on the Confirmation.
- The Confirmation represents the entire agreement between buyer and BCMI. It supersedes all prior written or oral understandings or agreements relating to the subject matter hereof. Any purchase order provided by buyer is agreed not to add to or change the terms of the agreement in any way.
- Prices are FOB Terreton, Idaho. Where products are quoted delivered or a shipping quote is provided, prices/shipping quote assume that
(a) BCMI retains the right to choose how, when and with whom the products are shipped;
(b) delivery location is a commercial one and is easily accessible to a delivery truck; and
(c) Buyer will furnish any equipment/manpower necessary to safely unload products at delivery location.
- Payment terms vary by customer and are indicated on the final invoice.
- Buyer is responsible for any applicable taxes, tariffs, duties, fees, etc.
- Buyer acknowledges receipt of and accepts the terms of BCMI's Product Liability and Return Policy which terms are incorporated herein by reference.
- The Confirmation is to be considered an order and scheduled for production upon BCMI receipt of
(a) signed confirmation;
(b) PO# if required by buyer; and
(c) deposit if required.
- Customer pickup hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 – 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. A minimum of 24 hours advance notice is required to schedule a pickup. A minimum of 48 hours advance notice is required to schedule a BCMI delivery or LTL shipment.
- Buyer is responsible to inspect flooring at the time of pickup or delivery and report claims of shortages or damage immediately to BCMI.
- BCMI must authorize all flooring returns. Flooring must be in original bundles and will only be accepted within 15 days of ship date. Material that has been cut, altered or installed is not returnable. Flooring must not have been stored in adverse conditions and the moisture content will be tested before credit is issued. Buyer is responsible for return shipping charges.
- No returns of stair nosing or riser material will be accepted; all sales are final.
- Finishing products must be returned unused and unopened within 7 days of purchase.
- A 25% restocking fee will be assessed on all authorized returns.
- Cash refunds will not be issued; exchanges or in-house credit only.
- Orders not picked up or authorized for shipping by buyer within 30 days of the confirmed ETA will be assessed a $0.10 per sq. ft. storage fee per month, $100 per month minimum.
First Time Customers: 50% of total purchase price is required as a down payment before an order will be processed, with the remaining balance due upon completion of the order. Orders will be held until total payment is received and verified.
Returning Customers In Good Standing Without A Credit Account: For established returning customers a down payment is not required in all instances. The full amount, however, is due upon completion of the order. Any order that payment is not made in full will be held until payment is received and verified.
Customers With A Credit Account In Good Standing: When a credit account is established with BCMI the down payment and collection before delivery are no longer necessary. Except for specific instances (e.g. orders over 3,000 sq. ft. or reclaimed material orders). The terms for a credit account a 1/10n30 (1% discount if paid in full within ten days of order being invoiced, total amount due within 30 days of date order was invoiced).
Customers With A Credit Account With Past Due Balances: When a credit account is past the 30 day limit for payment in full, the account goes on a hold status. Orders from customers on this status may still be processed but are only deliverable on a COD (Collect on Delivery) basis. If past due balances persist for more than 60 days, legal actions may be taken to insure payment for products, and customer standing will be reevaluated and may be dropped for first time customer status.