More pictures of Antique Oak – Hoosier will be added as we take them. Most textures are available on most species. If you don't see an example below, ask our sales representative.
- Red & White Oak Mixed
- Barns, corn cribs, stables, mills, homes and other buildings and agricultural structures from different locations in North America.
- Heritage OriginalTM
- Unlimited. Some knots are loose, broken or fallen out.
- Moderate surface checking. Some cracking and unlimited small to large worm holes are allowed as long as the board is sound.
- Nail/Bolt Holes:
- Random nail holes. Nail holes commonly have some stain surrounding the hole.
- Grain Pattern:
- Percentage Sapwood:
- Minimal to medium depending on source.
- Light tan, pinkish, black, white, brown, gray.
- 2.9 lb./Sq. Ft.
- Natural weathering, saw kerfs, some paint present in saw kerfs, and character marks present.
- Standard Dimensions:
- a. Thickness: ¾”
b. Standard widths 3.5” & 4.5” Call for width options.
c. Length: 1’ – 8’ with no more than 35% of total footage under 4’ in length.
- Textures Available:
- Skip Planed – This texture is achieved by lightly planing the weathered lumber leaving much of the natural surface with saw marks, checking, holes and weathering. The look of the skip planed material will vary substantially from piece to piece.
Remilled – This texture is achieved by taking off a precise amount of the weathering to leave a aged look without the rougher natural worn face. Not leaving more than a few random shadows of the saw marks.
- Additional Options:
- Machine, Chalet, Hand Scraped or Draw Knife Beveled Edges & Ends, Pegs.
- Texturewood® flooring can be installed on and above grade level. It is not recommended that this flooring be installed below grade. Installation procedures may vary (i.e. reclaimed versus new floors, or strip versus plank flooring, etc.) We recommend consulting with a professional flooring installer, and following National Wood Flooring Association installation guidelines.
- Moisture Content:
- Shipped at 6%-8.5% average. Moisture content may vary some based on the humidity level of the installation site. Therefore, we recommend flooring be acclimated on the job site in the same environment in which it will remain once installed, for a period of 1 to 3 weeks.
- Texturewood® unfinished solid wood. Consult with your professional flooring installer for jobsite finishing.
- Texturewood® precision tongue & groove edges with standard double cut & squared ends. End matching available upon request.
- Average with some shrinkage and expansion.
- We recommend approximately 15% cut and waste on traditional sub floor installations.
- Janka Rating:
- White Oak 1360, Red Oak 1290.
- Character marks such as knots, checks/cracks, worm holes, sap, and natural color and grain patterns will vary in each plank within a sample. This is more so in reclaimed wood due to weathering and use. Therefore, your floor will vary somewhat from samples and pictures shown.
Texturewood® flooring products are processed from solid kiln-dried stock lumber. These flooring materials should be acclimatized and installed in accordance with the National Wood Flooring Association recommendations. As each installation is unique, we urge you to contact a professional flooring installer for recommendations concerning jobsite evaluation and installation. Please contact your Texturewood® representative with any questions, or go to our installation page for general tips and guidelines on installation.